Sunday, October 12, 2008

Up to Our Ears in Corn

--The Bowl of Misfit Corn--

One of the tender mercies in this time of turmoil and uncertainty was that we were able to sell our house so quickly and for a great price. I try to remember that when I think of the garden I left behind there. I am trying to look forward and not back like Lot's Wife. I don't want to turn into a pillar of salt. I hope the new owners enjoy the harvest. But it made it very sweet when "Silly Grandpa" and Sherrie brought us fresh food from their massive garden. They brought green onions, tomatoes and lots and lots of corn! We all shucked corn yesterday and I froze some that we will enjoy later in the winter. That taste of summer's end in the middle of winter will be another tender mercy.

No comments:

Happy Birthday Scott!

 It has been awhile since I updated this little family scrapbook on the internet. I like to pop over here from time to time and look at our ...