Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bed Bath and Beyond Belief


Last Saturday, Shayla and I escaped from the cabin for some 'girl time'. We went into the big city to run some errands. We ended up at Bed Bath and Beyond looking for some rugs and towels to finish up the master bathroom. While there, I remembered that we needed a new air freshener for the car. It takes a strong one to banish the smell of 'boy', 'dirt', and 'trash bound for the dump' that builds up in my car now that we live in the boondocks.


I carefully perused the available smells, looking for a "clean, fresh, soapy" one. I tend to think out loud so I muttered about how I really liked the last one and I thought it was called

"Fresh Linen"

Shayla, trying to be helpful and get through the tedium of choosing a car freshener, said:

"Was it maybe 'Clean Cotton'?"

"No, I'm sure it was something about linen"

"Does it matter? Laundry is laundry and cotton or linen, clean or fresh, does it really matter?"

"Ummm, I'm sure it was something Linen."

"Look Mom, here is 'Clean Cotton' don't you think that would work?"


I noted the sound of panic in her voice--a sound that means: "My Mom is losing her mind, how will I get home if she falls to pieces here in the middle of Bed, Bath and Beyond looking for "Fresh Linen" when all there is is "Clean Cotton"--WHY MEEE?"

I immediately came to my senses and luckily pulled back from the brink of insanity. Just in time.

I threw the "Clean Cotton" into the cart and we moved on.

No comments:

Happy Birthday Scott!

 It has been awhile since I updated this little family scrapbook on the internet. I like to pop over here from time to time and look at our ...