Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love is in the Air

Happy Valentine's Day!
This week at the Gale Academy of Classical Education, I thought it would be nice for the boys to carry on the tradition of giving Valentines. They put in a request for the kind with candy: Pixie Stix and Fun Dip. So after the morning's core curriculum, we gathered 'round the table for some fun. I encouraged them to fill out some for their friends and family members. I left them to their Valentine project while I got some Young Women business taken care of. When I got back, I saw that they had put together some of the hearts--they were made so that the Pixie Stix go through the heart and then an arrow point is attached to the end and it's a lovely arrow-pierced Valentine. They were each enjoying a Fun Dip Valentine. They had given them to each other. And that was it.

Sam: "There's no way I'm giving one to Seth--he'll beat me up if I do."
Shane: "I'm not giving any to my friends either--that's embarrassing."

I talked them into making one for Shayla and that was the extent of our Valentine festivities. They were happy to keep the rest of the Valentines for themselves and have been enjoying Fun Dip and Pixie Stix the past few days. They were thoughtful enough to share the goodies when they had some friends over last night--I guess that's as close as it's going to get to giving out Valentines.

No comments:

Happy Birthday Scott!

 It has been awhile since I updated this little family scrapbook on the internet. I like to pop over here from time to time and look at our ...