Saturday, February 21, 2009

Welcome to the Hotel California

Andy and I took a whirlwind trip to San Diego to do some serious house-hunting. It required arising very early on Friday to catch our flight out. Then we spent the entire day with our real estate agent. Needless to say, we were pretty exhausted by the time we got to our hotel that night. We settled in for what we expected would be a good night's sleep.
Imagine my surprise when I was awakened at 1:00 am by shrieking laughter and yelling. What? Our neighbors were having a party and we weren't invited? How Rude!
I was so tired I tried to delude myself that they would settle down soon and I would get some sleep. But it got louder and soon, more partiers came to join in the merriment. They pounded loudly on the door and yelled to the hosts to let them in. I thought the management would want to know about the fun going on in their establishment, so I called the front desk. The poor night clerk had already been informed and assured me that security would take care of it. I fell back into bed and heard security pound on the door and yell "Security!" then pound some more and yell "Security!" This was the partiers' cue to suddenly get quiet and then scuttle around hiding any incriminating evidence. Luckily we got to hear the whole saga unfold as we shared a paper-thin wall with our neighbors.
The person who answered the door: "What is it? I was asleep. What's wrong?"
Yeah, right, you were asleep!
As soon as security left, it was time to let the good times roll once again.
And on it went hour after hour. I called the front desk THREE MORE TIMES!!!
Finally, at 5:00 am, they were evicted...a little late for that beauty rest I so desperately needed.
Security pounded on the door again and informed the person that answered that they had to leave.
"I'll have to wake everyone up," she so innocently replied.
OH WAIT!! YOU ALREADY DID!!!
Luckily, I had this questionable character to cheer me up at the airport:





No comments:

Happy Birthday Scott!

 It has been awhile since I updated this little family scrapbook on the internet. I like to pop over here from time to time and look at our ...