Monday, June 15, 2009

From the Back of the Journal

As our children were growing up, I have done my best to keep up my journal. It's not easy to actually live a life with 8 kids and have any time left to write about it. But I did the best I could. And I'm glad I did because there are so many little things that I would have forgotten if I hadn't taken a moment at the end of the day to write it down. Part of this process included setting aside a few pages in the back of each journal for "Kid Sayings" which is basically our family's funny stuff recorded through the years. Every now and then the kids like to flip open one of my old journals and read the funny and cute things they said and/or did and we all have a good laugh together.

So, since I spilled about the "not-so-funny-at-the-time" moments last week, I thought I would share some of the funny-even-at-the-time moments this week:

After Scott's first day of kindergarten he announced: "Our bus has a name!"
Me: "Oh, really, what is the bus' name?"
Scott: "Board"
Me: "The bus is named 'Board'? Are you sure?"
Scott: "Yes, because the bus driver says, 'Welcome on board the bus'."

No comments:

Happy Birthday Scott!

 It has been awhile since I updated this little family scrapbook on the internet. I like to pop over here from time to time and look at our ...