Monday, January 11, 2010

Resolution

It's a new year. And as I look back on the past year, it's kind of a blur. But there are some things that stand out. It was certainly a year of changes for this gal, her guy, the 8 kids--even the two cats. Last year at this time we were living in a cabin, down by the river--in the rainy Northwest. Now we are living in a house, up in the hills--in sunny California. Last year we were jobless, this year we aren't. Last year we were trying to convince our kids that they would somehow survive a move from everything they had known their entire lives. This year they can't imagine living anywhere else. Last year I was in mourning; thinking of leaving behind friends and a calling I loved. This year I am grateful for new friends (and for modern technology to keep in touch with old and new friends!) and loving both callings in my new ward. Last year we were looking ahead to Spencer going on a mission, this year he is in the MTC studying the Hmong language. Last year we were full of gratitude for the tender mercies we were shown through all of the challenges we were going through (and the toughest ones had nothing to do with our employment situation). This year we look back and see the hand of the Lord in our lives in ways we didn't even realize at the time. Last year I placed my trust in the Lord and this year I see how He directed my path. Yes, life is good.

No comments:

Happy Birthday Scott!

 It has been awhile since I updated this little family scrapbook on the internet. I like to pop over here from time to time and look at our ...