Thursday, September 4, 2008

One of My Favorite Things


Dad found this piano on craigslist. Then he loaded it on a trailer and unloaded it again at our old house. Then moved it into the cabin--smashing his hand in the process. Somewhere along the way, I'm sure he wished he'd never shown it to me. But now it has a special place in the corner of our cabin and I think the nearest thing to Heaven is listening to our children play the piano.






(I love this piano because it was made in 1905--it is SOLID and weighs a TON-- and was in the same family for 40 years. The guy we bought it from said it was in the same spot in his house for the whole 40 years. I also LOVE the piano stool--it has claw feet with glass balls in all four legs.)

PS We have dial-up so the pictures look blurry to me-- is that how they are showing up on the blog?

No comments:

Happy Birthday Scott!

 It has been awhile since I updated this little family scrapbook on the internet. I like to pop over here from time to time and look at our ...