Friday, October 17, 2008

Tell Me a Story

A few days ago I took the boys to one of our favorite places: THE BOOK STORE. After they each picked out a new favorite, we passed the toddler book section and stopped to reminisce. "Oh! I remember this book!" "This was my favorite book!" "I remember every picture in this book!" It was a sweet moment remembering those days of cuddling up with a favorite book for a story. I suggested they each pick one of the books they love to give to Bailey. Maybe one of their favorites will become one of her favorites. They couldn't choose just one, so they each picked a couple. I chose a book by Scott's favorite childhood author, Richard Scarry. Scott's book came from D.I. when he was about a year old. It was a big picture book with funny animal characters and a lot of detail. He loved to look carefully at each page and search for Goldbug.

Later at home, I got the books out to put name labels in them for Bailey. I noticed the plastic wrapper had been removed from "Pat the Bunny". Shane smiled and said "I just had to read it. I love that book."

So, from us to you, Bailey, some well-loved books.
* * *
"I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves." Anna Quindlen

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx

"Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it." PJ O'Rourke

"The love of learning, the sequestered nooks. And all the sweet serenity of books." Longfellow




No comments:

Happy Birthday Scott!

 It has been awhile since I updated this little family scrapbook on the internet. I like to pop over here from time to time and look at our ...