Monday, November 10, 2008

Road to Redemption

Yesterday, we watched a Sunday movie. "Flywheel" is a low-budget film made by a group of believers--though I don't know what church they belong to exactly. It's an inspiring story about a man who has a change of heart and makes significant changes that bless the lives of the people around him. I highly recommend it. They do take the opportunity to get a little "dig" in at the Mormons. The overall message is uplifting enough to overlook that.


On many occasions-- several of them recently-- I have been told (always in a condescending way--which baffles me) that I am not a Christian, because I am Mormon. From my earliest Sunbeam days singing "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam" I was taught that Jesus was my Savior and that He loves me. As I grew and my testimony grew, I came to understand the meaning of the Atonement in my life and I continued to feel the Savior's love for me. I covenanted at baptism to always remember Him and I have kept that covenant. I went through four years of seminary, all the lessons focused on the Savior, Jesus Christ. I took religion classes at BYU--all centered on Jesus Christ. My understanding of the Plan of Salvation has increased as I attend the Temple. I consider it a privilege as a mom to teach my children about Jesus and His love for them. "...we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." I've been given various and sundry reasons why Mormons aren't Christian and I can't make sense of any of it. All I know is that every day I study His word and His works in the scriptures and many times a day I pray in the name of Jesus Christ. His promise in the Atonement means I have hope, through Him, of redemption. I know that I am saved, after all I can do, because of His Grace.

And I know that that Grace extends to all Christians. Including those who tell me I am not one.

No comments:

Happy Birthday Scott!

 It has been awhile since I updated this little family scrapbook on the internet. I like to pop over here from time to time and look at our ...