Tuesday, April 21, 2009

At the Local Hardware Store

So, we're new in town. That's a weird thing to write! I have gotten to know our new town by getting lost several times--and it's not a very big town either. Last week we hadn't unloaded our PODs yet and I needed a tape measure. That set me out in search of a hardware store. I finally found the place after two dead-ends and a rather treacherous dirt road.

I walked in and told the friendly helpful hardware man what I needed:

Me: I need to measure a room for a rug. Could you tell me where I could find a tape measure?

Him: What size is the room you need to measure?

Me: Well......if I knew that, I wouldn't need a tape measure.

Him: [Laughing uproarously--along with everyone else in the small store]
...........
I think I'm going to like this place.

No comments:

Happy Birthday Scott!

 It has been awhile since I updated this little family scrapbook on the internet. I like to pop over here from time to time and look at our ...