Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hoisted By My Own Pitard

A Recent Discussion:
Me: This kitchen is a mess. I'm glad you are all self-sufficient in cooking. Now you need to learn to be self-         sufficient in cleaning up!
General Murmuring: It wasn't me! I didn't do it! I cleaned up my mess.
                               
                      Most of the youngsters disappeared while I turned to survey the pile of dirty dishes in the sink.
                     When I turned around, only Shane was standing there.

Me: Start gathering up the dishes on the island and load them in the dishwasher.

Shane: None of those are mine. I put mine away already.

Me: Well, just do it anyway...

Shane: HEY! I thought "Men should be punished for their own sins and not for 'others' transgressions!"

What was I thinking --teaching them the Articles of Faith--who knew they would one day be turned against me?

No comments:

Happy Birthday Scott!

 It has been awhile since I updated this little family scrapbook on the internet. I like to pop over here from time to time and look at our ...