Go Ahead, Make My Day

I'm in Utah for Siara's wedding. This morning I got ready for church and then rushed downstairs to get some oatmeal from the breakfast buffet. I was carrying it carefully in the little styrofoam bowl up in the elevator to bring it back to our room--so I could continue to pester, nag and cajole the boys out of their beds and into their suits--when the doors opened on our floor. A grizzled gentleman who was waiting for the elevator, stepped back and let me out with my oatmeal. As I walked past I heard:

"YOU'RE looking good today."

I was the only one in the hall or the elevator so I have to assume he meant me--I mumbled a thank you and kept walking as fast as I could balancing a bowl of oatmeal.

When I got to the room I was telling Sam and he said,
"Was it an 'oh that was a nice compliment' moment or a 'run for your life' moment."

Come to think of it, maybe he was just talking to himself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother of Mine

Forever is Composed of Nows

The Truthist Takes the ACT