Monday, May 10, 2010

Her Children Shall Arise Up and Call Her...

...Crazy

Another Mother's Day has come and gone. This morning Sam asked me,
"Wasn't that your best Mother's Day ever?"
I wasn't sure how to answer that. I'm not really one to Rate the Holiday.
I'm a very blessed Mom and for the most part my kids make sure I "feel the love" year-round.
I have always treasured their little tokens of affection--even when they are coerced into making them by
persuasive Primary Presidents. Shane handed me a tissue paper flower yesterday
on the way to the car after church--
handcrafted with care by my reluctant artiste.
I read the poem attached to it--just a printed piece of paper--nothing original,
and I burst into tears. When he saw my reaction he looked a little befuddled.
It's just that, this is the last Mother's Day that I will have a child in Primary.
I realize there are a lot of "lasts" coming up so I'm trying to buck up and keep it together.
I have loved all of the stages of mothering and look forward to all that is ahead.
Besides, I have grandchildren here and on the way and many more
 (that's not pressure--that's just arithmetic!)
still to come who will more than fill in the gaps.
But for now, I have to say, each Mother's Day is the best one ever.
Because that's another year I got to be the Mom to 8 amazing kids.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I know how you feel. This was my first Mother's Day without a Primary child. However, since I'm the Primary President I brought home a left over card for my newly 12yo son to decorate for me. He did so happily even though he'd already given me a card.

Happy Birthday Scott!

 It has been awhile since I updated this little family scrapbook on the internet. I like to pop over here from time to time and look at our ...