Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Promises to Keep

I realize that I foretold that I would blog about our Utah jaunt and also Seth's day of birth...it sort of haunts me from time to time when I am glancing about the internet looking at other blogs that I enjoy. I actually downloaded a number of pictures carefully chosen from the many that I took in Utah--and when I came back to blog, they were all gone. I didn't realize I had to finish the whole thing in marathon fashion or lose it all...so I haven't quite had the gumption to get back to it.

In the meantime, we'll take a break from our regularly scheduled program to bring you a special 
Motherhood Moment:
I got a card in the mail yesterday from my firstborn--he's a Chemical Engineer by degree and an award-winning Dow employee by trade. He's married to the amazing Nicole and they have two darling little girls. Not the one I expect to wax poetical and hand-write a Mother's Day message...but that's just what he did.
"I set out to write you a ballad or sonnet.
Maybe to gift you a bracelet or bonnet?
The gift of life isn't easily repaid,
nor the sturdy foundation on which it was laid.
To stick to the basics and do what is right,
is the sure way to bring my Mother delight!"
          Happiness on your day!
               Love you,
                Scott
Why yes son, you are so right--and writing a sweet poem also brought me delight!

No comments:

Happy Birthday Scott!

 It has been awhile since I updated this little family scrapbook on the internet. I like to pop over here from time to time and look at our ...