Friday, April 20, 2012

Growing Old


So, where have I been you may be wondering? Well let me tell you! When last I wrote, it was the day before my FORTY-NINTH birthday. Can you believe I am just one year shy of HALF A CENTURY?!  Mercy me whoever thought I would live to be so old? On the bright side, now I get to use exclamations like "Mercy me!" and even "Heavens to Betsy" and the like. So there's that.

I enjoyed my birthday. I climbed a mountain:
With our trusty dog, Gunner.


And my trusty side-kick Shayla. 

We enjoyed the amazing view from the top of Iron Mountain


And then came home and found these on the front porch--
a beautiful surprise from my husband!


The youngsters feted 
(which is better than "fetid"--believe me I've had my share of that raising eight children and their menagerie of pets and varmints!) 
 me with cake and candle.

And here's a shout-out to my sweet Visiting Teachers;
they stopped by with this:

The honey is the sweetest  you will ever taste--I have been enjoying it on
peanut butter and honey sandwiches and on my daily oatmeal, and by the
spoonful just for the sheer joy of it. That smiley face on the label
is a fine example of TRUTH IN ADVERTISING. 
 I didn't know such a nectar existed.
And the Christmas ornament--it made me cry because I have to move away
and in years to come, when I pull out the Christmas decorations and put this one on the tree,
I will remember the little town in California where I met and had the privilege of knowing some
of the best people on earth.
Thank you Cathy and Tori!





No comments:

Happy Birthday Scott!

 It has been awhile since I updated this little family scrapbook on the internet. I like to pop over here from time to time and look at our ...