Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Some Ballet in the Big City


As I mentioned in my previous post, Siara and I went into New York City to see 
George Balanchine's The Nutcracker, performed by the New York City Ballet.
The grand-daddy of all Nutcracker Ballets.
Her hubby Tyler went with us and we had a fun adventure in the big city.
We took the train from Fairfield Metro to Grand Central and
 the Subway to Lincoln Center. 
It was a rainy day but that didn't dampen our spirits a bit.
We had lunch together and then Tyler went off on his
own to explore some museums while Siara and I enjoyed the ballet.
It was spectacular--the Christmas tree grows up from under the stage into the rafters
and it's huge! At the end Clara and her Prince fly above the stage in a sleigh.
The costumes were beautiful and the dancing exquisite.
Is that enough adjectives for you?
It was truly an experience. 

The Subway poster for the Nutcracker

Some amazing Subway entertainment


I love the beautiful Subway mosaic art...


Looking at the overpriced souvenirs during intermission.


Siara, my stylish ballet attending companion....
You will be proud of her, as I was, that
She didn't jump up during the overture and
shout "Let's get this show on the road!"
She's come a long way since her exuberant, spunky little girl days.
Oh, she is still exuberant and spunky--
just a little quieter when the occasion calls for it. 



No comments:

Happy Birthday Scott!

 It has been awhile since I updated this little family scrapbook on the internet. I like to pop over here from time to time and look at our ...