Sunday, May 25, 2008

Only in Ramah...

My Grandmother, Idelle, passed away April 23, 2008. I was not able to go to the funeral, but my sister sent me pictures. This was the first one I got in her e-mail. It had no explanation --and needed none--because we know how things are done out in the middle of nowhere in Ramah, NM. It's a place where they do things their way. They don't need a graduate of Mortuary Sciences, a Director of Funeral Services or an embalmer. They just need the big walk-in cooler at the trading post, and as you can see here: a good, readable thermometer.

1 comment:

MikeB said...

I am shocked that there are no comments here! I remember going to Grandpa's funeral in Ramah where the same protocol was used. Yeah, it's outside the bounds of normal for most places but after the initial shock I thought, "And why not?" It seemed more natural, if you will...

Happy Birthday Scott!

 It has been awhile since I updated this little family scrapbook on the internet. I like to pop over here from time to time and look at our ...