My Personal Trainer

I have been training for a half-marathon.
By this I mean I have been sprinting out the door for my three times a week "run".
I start out going down our very steep hill at break-neck speed because of gravity and because I have a busy day of taxi-driving that I need to get back to.
After covering the first mile in 7 or so minutes, I have to slow down for a steady uphill rise.
This brings me around a corner to another steep hill going up.
Each morning as I come huffing and puffing up that hill, I am greeted with a cheery
"Good Morning"
From a guy who looks just like him:
Only in a jogging suit.
Sitting in a chair on his driveway.
That little chill up my spine spurs me up the hill faster than
I would go without his motivating wave and eerie smile.
Thank you Coach Pierre le Pieu.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother of Mine

Forever is Composed of Nows

The Truthist Takes the ACT